Wednesday, October 10, 2012

OCTOBER

Holy cow, you guys. It's been almost another whole year since my last blog post. Are blogs a thing of the past anyway? Tumblr's kinda where it's at right now. I do have a Tumblr, though I really just use it as a portfolio instead of the more informal atmosphere of a blog. If you want to see either Tumblr, I have two--

This one's for Art with a capital A
http://ChrisHecht.tumblr.com

and this one's for cartoons n doodling
http://CJH-doodles.tumblr.com

Okay, enough advertising for STUPID CRAP. In recent news, I am currently working on a new portrait, which I intend to submit for consideration in the 94th Toledo Area Artist's Exhibition, for which the deadline is the 22nd of this month. Didn't I post something to this effect for last year's TAA? Yeah, well, this year I think I have a better chance of getting accepted. It's not that I believe I've grown much more as an artist, per se, so much as I think I've gotten a little more clever. The unfortunate truth is that the TAA exhibition seems to lean significantly in favor towards artists dealing with the figure, at least as far as 2-dimensional work goes. Last year's exhibition saw a heavy saturation of outstanding portraiture and other figurative work. One of this year's two jurors is Joe Fig-- noted figurative artist and recent participant in the 'Small Worlds' exhibition. If I had to bet, I'd say a figurative piece stands a better chance than large-scaled landscapes in this limited space. So anyway, here's a couple shots in-progress of one of the abstracted portrait pieces I'm submitting!


Not really much to see yet, huh? I'll post again when it's done, man!

Also, listen to this, ya dorks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m63A3jBtSkk

No comments:

Post a Comment