Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gallery Loop 2011


Once again, I've managed to not update this blog for a few months! It's been an eventful few months, though; mostly good! Anyway, to address stuff from my last entry-- No, I didn't get into this year's Toledo Area Artists Exhibition at the TMA. Space was limited and entries were very, very numerous, so naturally more established/skilled (lol) artists than I made it in. Anyways, I'm mostly updating about yesterday's Gallery Loop in Downtown/Uptown Toledo. Over 20 venues participated and the event was a real humdinger! One gallery in uptown actually opened for the first time last night-- Bella's Art in the District (1700 Canton ave) -- and that's actually where some of my paintings are on display. The place is small, but the turnout has been pretty great! To top it off, one of my large paintings has a potential buyer! Anyway, the place is mentioned in the current issue of Toledo City Paper, page 18:

Don't know why my name is in bold, but that's cool. And, check it out, 1 and 1/2 of my paintings are in that photo, haha!

As for current stuff I'm working on-- I've got 3 more landscapes I've been doing, hopefully I can get at least one done by tomorrow, because there's yet another exhibition here in Toledo that I'm trying to submit work to. More details on that later! Other than that, Jory and I are really making good progress on our cartoon! We finished our first little clip, though it's not uploaded to the internet yet, as the file size is huge; but I'll post a link once it's up. Anyway kids, thanks for reading and I'll post again with some work before too long!




1 comment:

  1. That is so fantastic to hear! I've always been a distant fan of you and Jory and I'm really glad that you're both producing and getting out there! Pretty much one of my only regrets in going to BG was being so seemingly not shy but shy simultaneously. Not to sound too presumptuous but our sensibilities seemed to cross over frequently (although I hardly shared my own) and I was always too much of a chicken-shit to make a move. I always thought we would get along and have a lot of cynical laughs together, but alas, it never happened. It is what it is and if I learned anything, (as I started to at the very end, when it was too late really) it was to not be afraid. If people didn't like me, then fuck them (which was I always saw in you guys). This may be kind of gushy or perhaps a bit too genuine and honest for most people's tastes, but what do I have to lose? I think you're awesome and I think your work is awesome. I wish you the best man, and if you're ever in Tampa (or you want to be) let me know ;) I can hook you up.

    ReplyDelete