Thursday, November 11, 2010

Current Figure Stuff

Hey internet pals. I keep alluding to a supposed body of work that deals with the figure instead of landscape, and here are some examples of said work!

These are 2 kind of smallish acrylics on just regular illustration board. Also used some india ink for the black outlines you see here and there. I consider both of these to be just studies. Still experimenting with finding a balance of all the aesthetic devices that capture my fancy-- Impasto, glazing, and detailed linework.

All my reference photos are taken in a bar, or similar low-light or oddly-lit location. I spoke about this in my previous post, if you want to know more about that.

Expect to see more work like this in the future, because I'm definitely enjoying it!

Jojo
15" x 20"

Tombo
20" x 28"

Also, for no reason at all, listen to this song that's been in my head for awhile now-- La Llorona by Beirut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id5miD_uZDk

No comments:

Post a Comment