Monday, July 26, 2010

Derr time for some Art with a capital A

Thought I would finally photograph a large painting I made during the late Spring of 2010. Its approximate size is 48" x 54". This was made during a class, and I feel this is the direction all my painting is headed-- abstract expressionism. This one is only a few months old, but I have made several newer ones since. With regards to my painting, it will continue in this vein of abstracted representation. I chose to paint the often overlooked, everyday grain that makes up a vast portion of American, and in particular, the Midwestern Identity. This painting doesn't represent that thought enough, but soon I will upload newer paintings that help solidify that notion. However, this painting does represent thoroughly the type of style I will render this theme in.

Acrylic on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment